As you can see from my earlier posts, I took my pre wedding photo shoot and my actual day photo shoot in Singapore. Apart from wedding photography Singapore, I also engaged wedding videographers to produce a cinematic wedding video for my spouse and I.
My verdict after been through the whole experience?
They are awesome.
Well, it kind of exceeded my initial expectations. As I thought that Arts is not a focus area that the government in promoting in Singapore, the quality of Arts in Singapore will be lower when compared to Arts produced in the other countries, especially in the Europe. I was gladly surprised. The quality of the wedding flush mount album and video is superb! Firstly, let’s talk about the flush mount album. I loved the details in there. The combination of the ability of the wedding photographers at Grandeur www.grandeurweddingstudio.com/photography-singapore and physical printing technology resulted in my highly detailed and crisp picture. The resolutions of the photos are so good that I thought I’m looking straight into the softcopy on the computer screen. I loved how the wedding photographers are able to capture my spouse and my emotions and affections for each other in the photographs. Secondly, let’s talk about the wedding video. It is just a short 2 minutes clip of my love story with my spouse. However, it seems like 5 minutes to me when I was watching the video. I loved how the videographer build the atmosphere slowly and ended off with a climax at the end. It really touched our hearts.
For foreigners living in Singapore, there is always the question of whether you should take your wedding photography or even hold your wedding in Singapore. Our first concern will be the quality of the wedding services in Singapore. Next, perhaps convenience to our guests. I can act as a testimony to the wedding services standards in Singapore. If not, you can always check out the various wedding boutiques in Singapore to ascertain their quality for yourself. If majority of your guests is in Singapore or do not mind coming to Singapore to attend your wedding, I highly recommend holding your wedding in Singapore.
When I had my wedding ceremony, I hired an AD wedding photographer and videographer from Grandeur while I got a makeup artist from Cleo Chang for my wife.
I shall now narrate the actual day wedding events as they unfolded in the past.
- In the morning of the wedding day, we had an intimate morning tea party at my place at Bukit Timah, Singapore where we invited several close expatriate friends over as well as some local Singapore colleagues from my banking workplace. Apparently they told me this is not the usual practice for Chinese whereby the guy will then need to pick up the girl from her parent’s house e.t.c. But anyway, we shared jokes and laughter with close family and friends. This was a more casual event and so Cleo Chang only put on lighter makeup for my wife and in the meantime my AD photographer and videographer from Grandeur was already there filming everything that was happening.
- I have to say that the makeup artist (MUA) from Cleo Chang was very professional and look at how pretty my wife’s hair was! I absolutely love the way she did the makeup for my wife. She also did put foundation on my face and styled my hair – it was pretty cool, never had a MUA perform on me before.
- After the morning tea party, the bridesmaids were helping us out with decorations at Sentosa Siloso beach resort which we had rented for the day for our wedding ceremony. Meantime, the best men were helping out with the logistics and me included.
- Finally, it was time for the ceremony. I was waiting on the stage while the AD photographer and videographer from Grandeur Wedding were next to me and taking photos and films of both the stage and the audience while waiting for my lovely wife to walk in with her dad.
- The wedding music played and she finally walked in with her dad and boy, I was amazed by her complete beauty. Needless to say, I was dazzled and in love all over again with her. She was smiling excitedly and shyly at the same time too.
- Eventually, she reached the stage, we exchanged our vows and we were finally wed as an official couple 🙂 🙂
I had my pre-wedding photography in SG and it is with great pleasure that I am sharing my pleasant experience with you on my blog today.
It was a pleasant Wednesday afternoon when my fiance took leave from her company, and we went out to take our pre-wedding photo shoot (we opted for an outdoors shoot). Thankfully, everything was in our favor, and the weather was less humid that day (though it is still considered humid because after all this is at the equator – Singapore). Then the sky was clear and bluish so it was a fantastic day for my outdoor pre-wedding photography.
First of all, we met the pre-wedding photographer at Tanjong Pagar area because that’s in town and he lives rather near there too. We then took a chaffeured car to Marina Bay Sands. My then-fiance and current wife loves Marina Bay Sands when she first saw Singapore, and so we took our photographs at the top of MBS. It was a truly amazing experience, to take our wedding shoot right next to the famous infinity pool with the overarching horizon of the city of Singapore.
Then we went over to the other side of the expressway to Gardens by the Bay. Amazing place: just check it out below:
We loved the scenery there and it looks just as beautiful as the image you see above (although the weather in Singapore can be sweltering hot for a pre-wedding photography session – especially with the suit and the bridal gown).
Our photographer was really professional, and we engaged a specialized make up artist as well, and the make up artist (Jaymie) was certainly very helpful in helping us look good and look like we were not perspiring with her magic tricks with the brush and make up items.
I think it was a truly pleasant experience, and although we only went for a 5 hour pre-wedding photography shot at these 4 places (after that we went to the Helix bridge at night and before that, Fullerton hotel), photographs looked tremendously great and we loved it. I would highly recommend Singapore as a place for both locals and foreigners to take their pre-wedding photography session at.